It is mandatory for our suppliers to comply with the restricted list, which is controlled through a declaration of conformity and/or audits. The list is based on the following regulations:
• Restriction of Hazardous Substances (ROHS)
• Toys directive
• Conflict minerals that are subject to the requirements of Dodd-Frank Section 1502
• Registration and the Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals directive (REACH)
Related to conflict minerals that are subject to the requirements of Dodd-Frank Section 1502 suppliers are requested to declare content.
Substances are categorized as below:
• Class I: Prohibited (not to be introduced in the production or be presented in any products put on the market by companies of Demant
• Class II: Restricted (for restricted use only)
• Class III: Subjected to special deliberation (can be used, but under observation)
• Class IV: Under observation (can be used after thorough risk assessment)
On top of the mandatory requirements according to laws, we have enforced extra specifications, e.g. ban on the use of al phthalates and natural rubber latex. Working with the restricted list ensures full transparency on the use of hazardous substances, compliance with relevant directives and the opportunity to set a higher bar than the external required or recommended standards.We are developing a risk-based approach where material compliance is not only secured by supplier declarations, but also via material analysis for high risk materials.