Demant is a world-leading hearing health care corporation that offers solutions such as hearing devices, hearing implants and diagnostic equipment as well as intelligent audio equipment. Demant is dedicated and highly engaged in developing innovative technologies and know-how making life-changing differences for people having a hearing impairment.
We are Demant’s Intellectual Properties team and we are a mix of Patent and Trademark Attorneys as well as IP Paralegals, all in all totaling 12 enthusiastic colleagues. Our primary objective is to, continuously, interact with Demant’s globally distributed business units and R&D organizations to ensure that Demant launches products with the lowest litigation risk.
In this team, we believe that the best results are achieved through a team effort. We support each other and constantly share feedback and knowledge to improve our results. We have an informal and creative atmosphere where respect is pivotal, and we strive for the common goal.
You will join Demant’s IP team in Copenhagen, Denmark, and share our primary objective by:
- Participating in developing the team’s collective knowledge on technology and patent law
- Engaging with R&D project groups throughout the product development process and undertaking activities to establish freedom-to-operate, while continuously advising stakeholders
- Contributing to the growth of our international patent portfolio by participating actively in the handling of incoming ideas, preparation and prosecution of new patent applications
- Developing skills in various areas of IP practice such as in oppositions before the European Patent Office
Your background and personal competencies:
To excel in this position, you possess following skills:
- You have an educational background as engineer or scientist, B.Sc.E, M.Sc.E, M.Sc., or Ph.D.,
- Ideally supplemented with parts of European Qualifying Examination for European Patent Attorneys (such as pre-exam) or other national qualifying courses within IP
- You have some years of practical experience within IP – possibly from practicing in the industry or in private practice
- Your technical knowledge must include physics or electronics
As a person, you have sharpened analytical skills and you are able to quickly grasp new areas. In your work with IP, you have an eye for detail and at the same time, you communicate clearly and concisely with the stakeholders. You are structured and systematic and have an interest in understanding Demant’s business. You are fluent in English and have an efficiency in reading German.
We dare to make a difference
Together with your ambitious and talented colleagues, you will be part of a dynamic environment built on trust and openness, where you will find a strong will to win. We are a growing international company, where everyone strives to ensure that customers find our products the most attractive on the market. You will become part of a work environment where flexible working conditions, knowledge-sharing and professional respect make it both challenging and meaningful to go to work.
Want to see it from our side?
Being part of Demant and seeing that you make a difference for hearing impaired gives value and meaning. If you also think this is amazing. Then send us your application and your CV as soon as possible and no later than 24 November 2019.
Please note that only applications submitted via our electronic recruitment system will be considered.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact VP of Intellectual Property, Christian Hauge on +45 2936 9915.