Life-changing differences through hearing health
Demant is an impact business. Through more than 115 years, our company has developed life-changing hearing health and from this platform we have taken news steps into the broader area of audio. Hearing and the ability to innovate this area is the essence of our Group.
We take great pride in the Group’s ability to contribute towards and innovate the hearing and audio area. Living with an untreated hearing loss can have an array of consequences for human life, including one’s ability to communicate properly, socialise and engage actively with others without constraints that are both physically and mentally tiring. Through this contribution, we enable millions of people to experience the joy of good hearing, as sound is part of many of life’s most important moments and aspects.
In 2020, we have:
• Helped nearly 2 million hearing aid users
• Helped well above 10,000 implant users suffering from profound, conductive or single-sided hearing loss
• Facilitated the diagnosing of a three-digit million number of people with suspected hearing loss
• Facilitated the hearing screening of a two-digit million number of newborns
• Conducted research in cooperation with academia, health authorities and the industry to deepen our understanding of hearing, health and the brain
Read more about the life-changes differences we make and our ground-breaking research projects.